Today we got our 9th grade class form things where our teachers have initialed by whichever class of their subject they recommend to us. It is also the form where we get to fill out our first, second, and third choice electives for next year. Previous to this week, I was scared to death of going to high school in the fall. I mean, what rising 9th grader isn't? Our high school building is like 3 times the size of our middle school, not to mention the fact that there are going to be over 3,500 students there, as opposed to our MS's less than 1,000. So yes, I was scared. Scared of the older kids, scared of not making friends, scared of being away from my current friends, but most of all, scared of the fact that in just 4 short years, we will all go our separate ways into the cold, cruel "real world". Because my biggest fear in life is being without my friends, you can see how this would just about make me break down into tears in the middle of homeroom. But after the people we've had come over from the high school to talk to us this week, I'm a little bit more relaxed. I'm actually looking forward to my new math class, marching band (how am I going to learn to play the saxophone in just one summer?!?!), and definitely the bigger lockers! Now, to just get the same exact schedules as all my friends... it could happen, right?
Here's my list of classes for next year:
gifted english
gifted biology
accelerated gifted integrated algebra (I got into accelerated! yes!)
Electives I want to take:
1. band (duh)
2. German I
3. Journalism: Intro to yearbook (etc.)Clubs I may be interested in:
marching band
Beta Club
equestrian club
photography club
literary magazine
(there are over 70 clubs, but I think that's enough for now!)
Amehdilla
1. Engineering: Draw & Design
ReplyDelete2. Latin 1
3. 2D and 3D art
Clubs: whatever will look good on the college application (key club, photographic society... et cetera)
yeah, i saw the key club, what is it?
ReplyDeleteI've changed my min since last wek. I'm taking latin instead of german (it's a better idea if i'm going into the mediacl field), and engineering: draw and design instead of journalism. I like writing, but not THAT much.
ReplyDelete