Sunday, February 28, 2010

Daddeh

My dad is currently at Gwinnett Medical Hospital, until tomorrow when they will ambulance him over to St. Joseph's for a heart cath (his second one, including the one in January of 2008). On January 16, 2008 (my mom's birthday) she called me at school to let me know that my dad had had a heart attack. He was in Texas on a business trip at the time, and of course i was freaked out of my mind. We flew out to see him that night, and I think he stayed at the cardiac hospital in Houston for like (2?) weeks. Mom and I only stayed for a few days.
Recently (as in, the last couple of weeks), my dad has been feeling pains in his chest, similar to the ones he felt prior to his heart attack in '08. However, he didn't inform anyone (that I know of) until his regularly-scheduled doctor's appointment last Friday. Grrr. Why didn't he tell anyone? Anyway, his doctor told him not to wait on something that serious, especially given his family history of heart problems (duh), and sent him off to the ER at Gwinnett Medical. He stayed there Friday night, Saturday night, and is staying there tonight. That we know of, they're mostly just keeping him there for observations and tests. Tomorrow they are going to do a heart cath, and while they're in there, they are going to put another stint or angioplasty if needed. I'm going to see him tomorrow!


Amehdilla

No comments:

Post a Comment