Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ipod: Lost and Found

As I let most people know today, my ipod was STOLEN. That's right, STOLEN. My brand-new bright blue 5th generation nano with 496 of my personal songs and 12 of my own 20-second-and-under home videos. GONE. It all started where it does on a normal day, after the bus picks me up at 8:46 A.M. sharp. I trudged to seat R10, my assigned (but appreciated) place of sitting. I plopped onto the bench as soon as our (new, what the heck is her name?) bus driver hit the gas and sped around an immediate right turn. I almost lost my lunch bag (old school, Red Paisley Vera Bradley) and Bobo (my oboe of three years). After I had everything situated (oboe between me and bus window, bookbag in lap, lunch bag somewhere around there) I unzipped my jacket and reached into the top compartment of my bookbag where I keep my phone, ipod (and earbuds), chapstick, and lotion. I pulled my long, tangled white earbuds out of the little pocket. They weren't connected to any ipod, which was okay, because I always disconnect them before putting them away. After removing my cell phone, 2 sticks of chapstick (moisturizing and original), a tube of lotion, and a paperclip, but no ipod, I knew something was wrong. Wasn't it supposed to be in here? Oh crap, I thought, searching through my bookbag pocket again. Crap, crap, crap. Where did I leave it? I thought back to Tuesday, when we had a sub in band, and I listened to it at the end of class. Oh shoot, did I leave it on my stand?!?!?! No, because I was listening to it on the way to the [Jr. Beta Club] social. Okay, so it isn't in the band classroom. That's good. I was pretty certain that I didn't leave it in the cafeteria. When I thought about it some more, I realized that Tuesday was the day that I came back here, to my mom's house. And I hadn't used it yesterday (Wednesday). So, did I leave it in my ihome at my dad's? Maybe. Thanks to these reassuring thoughts, I was starting to relax a little. Talking to Michaella on the afternoon bus ride helped me even more. I came home and ran upstairs (after putting leftover chicken fried rice in the microwave). As luck would have it, my ipod wasn't stolen at all! It was in my purse.


Thanks for reading my rambling! :3 You are greatly appreciated!



Amehdilla

2 comments: