Monday, October 4, 2010

BoA

Let me just start by saying that the Ohio trip was amazing! It was about 45 degrees and rainy with a wind chill factor of (what felt like) 30 degrees, but it was well worth it! The Pride got into finals, and then placed 8th! I'm a newbie at marching, and can't possibly understand or appreciate the amount of work and effort the band put into our performance to get it to that level, but I do know that if I was excited enough to jump around and scream and laugh so much I had a tear escaping my left eye, then the whole thing must have been immensely, excruciatingly, spectacularly exciting for the upperclassmen. They had been waiting a long time for Saturday I'm sure. I was going to explain exactly what happened, but it truly was a moment that you just had to be there to comprehend the ecstatic feelings it put out.
On the OTHER end of the spectrum, I lost my glasses on Thursday night (I left them in the bathroom after changing for practice), so I couldn't really see anything all weekend, and I won't be able to see anything at school until I get either contacts or replacement glasses. Woohoo. And I haven't even had them a year yet!! I loved those glasses, darn it!
All in all, this has been a pretty exciting weekend for the band and the band staff/parents/chaperones/color guard! I'll be posting pics on facebook soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment